- A coding challenge and coding language and environment is announced beforehand.
- We meet in a room with a laptop attached to a video projector.
Rules of Randori Session
- The presenter explains the coding challenge and starts the Randori with a pair from audience.
- The pair will use TDD (Test-Driven Development).
- One half of the pair is changed every 5 minutes.
- The pair on the keyboard should continuously explain what they are doing.
- The pair on the keyboard should stop when someone from the audience falls off the sled — and only continue when that someone is back on track again.
The dojo is typically a two-hour session following this rough agenda:
16:00 - 16:15 Introduction to the Coder's Dojo and this session's coding challenge
16:15 - 17:00 Coding
17:00 - 17:10 Break
17:10 - 17:50 Coding
17:50 - 18:00 Retrospective
The rules and agenda presented here are preliminary and will be refactored based on experience.